Farm Management services range from an occasional consultation to complete management of the farm operation.
You can expect a farm manager to:
- Become familiar with the farm, farm owner, operator (where applicable) and the expectations for the farm operation and perform a complete inspection of the farm
- Make recommendations regarding lease alternatives and discuss the income potential and benefit of each
- Locate the best qualified operator (if necessary) or meet with the current operator and negotiate a lease agreement.
- Monitor participation in and compliance with applicable government programs.
- Develop a soil testing and monitoring program for the long term fertility improvement of the farm
This is just the beginning of what Halderman can do for you! Each of our clients have different needs, desires and directions in mind for their farms. We listen to our clients and develop unique plans for each landowner.
A popular service our farm managers provide is lease negotiation. Your farm manager will meet with you to learn about the size of your farm, your goals, objectives, risk tolerance and your long term plans for the farm. You will work together to determine viable lease options that will meet your goals and income needs. Your farm manager will work on a lease analysis that will show the income potential of each type of lease, as well as the price and production risk and present various options to meet your goals. After the recommendation is made, you make the final decision. Once a decision is made we will execute the strategy, negotiate the lease, and put it into place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Specializing in farmland
and rural properties!
968 County Road 1000 N.
Champaign IL 61822
Mr. Landman makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, correctness, completeness or use of any information that is available on or through this website.